What To Bring
Every Kamper should bring:
- Personal items
- A warm sleeping bag & pillow (Not just a slumber bag; nights can be cool)
- Personal toiletries -- Soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb and/or brush
- Each Kamper should bring 1 suitcase or duffle bag only. All items except the
sleeping bag and pillow should be able to fit in suitcase or duffle bag.
- 2 towels (one for bathing, one for swimming)
- Chap Stick, Blistex, etc.
- Sunscreen lotion
- Clothing items
- Dark-colored T-shirt or Rash Guard for use in the pool – ALL STAFF AND KAMPERS ARE REQUIRED
TO WEAR A T-SHIRT OR RASH GUARD WHILE SWIMMING TO PREVENT SUNBURN IN THE
HIGH-ALTITUDE SUMMER SUN
- Enough clean clothes for 6 days of Kamp.
- At least one pair of long pants or sweat pants (for the evenings)
- A sweater or sweatshirt
- A warm jacket (one that can get dirty)
- CLOSED TOED SHOES (tennis shoes, running shoes, etc.) suitable for play,
optionally Kampers may bring a pair of flip flops/sandals for pool & showers.
For safety reasons, Kampers and staff cannot wear flip flops or sandals around
Kamp except to and from the shower or pool.
- Swim suit – along with a dark colored t-shirt or rash guard. No one will be
allowed to swim or enter the pool area without wearing a t-shirt or rash guard -
- A Bible (Old and New Testaments -- New International Version preferred)
- Cameras are allowed but not cell phones for Kampers
- Bag/Sack for dirty clothes (also a zip-lock bag for packing a wet bathing suit!).
We suggest that parents label all clothing, towels, sleeping bags, suitcases, etc.,
with Kamper's name. KING'S KAMP WILL NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOST
ITEMS. (There is a "lost & found" table every day at Kamp.)
- Do NOT send/bring the following
- Money...there is nothing for Kamper to buy during Kamp.
- Snacks...either sent with Kamper or via the mail. Special snacks are provided for
the entire Kamp. Extra snacks or food in cabin draws mice, ants, and other unwanted
- Cell phones, smart watches, music players, video games, electronics of any kind
- Toys, matches/lighters, knives, slingshots, squirt-guns, water balloons etc.